SEASON OF LENT 2021
~ MID-WEEK LENTEN SERVICES ~
February 17 - April 03
During Lent, join us on select Wednesdays in March for Lenten noon-day services, 12:15PM. These special mid-week services will include the reading of the Passion Narrative, Reflection on our Lenten Theme, music and special prayers.
“Basic Training for Christians: The Disciplines of Lent.”
For centuries Christians have marked Jesus' journey to the cross and the tomb with the Disciplines of Lent. These disciplines were designed to help a person grow in faith and become better Christians. This year's Lenten series (provided by author and New Mexico Pastor, Rev. Donald Neidigk) will help us focus on our Lord Jesus Christ, who endured unimaginable suffering and death to free us from sin, death, and the devil and win for us resurrection and eternal life.
Ash Wednesday, Friday, February 19 (12:15PM): "The Discipline of Repentance: Changing One’s Mind and Direction"
...Lenten Mid-Week services in March (12:15PM)
- Lenten Mid-Week 1, Wednesday, March 10: "The Discipline of Prayer"
- Lenten Mid-Week 2, Wednesday, March 17: "The Discipline of Confession and Absolution"
- Lenten Mid-Week 3, Wednesday, March 24: "The Discipline of Crucifying our Flesh and Self-Denial"
- Maundy Thursday, April 1 (6:00PM): "The Discipline of Almsgiving: Practicing Generous Giving and Acts of Kindness"
- Good Friday, April 02 (6:00PM): "The Discipline of the Stations of the Cross: Following Jesus from the Upper Room to the Empty Tomb"